Skip to main content
Gordon L. Brady, D.M.D. • Richard S. Singer, D.D.S. • Robert E. Going Jr. D.D.S. • Brett C. Gray, D,M.D., M.D. • Steven P. King, D.D.S.Fulton D. Lewis III, D.M.D. • Steven D. Pollack, D.D.S. • Brenda Hall, D.D.S., M.D. • John C. Pritchett, D.M.D. B. Andrew Shessel, D.M.D • David G. Jones, D.D.S.
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the doctors of Oral Surgery Associates prior to your surgical date for instructions.