If you are a patient that has severe maxillary resorption, zygomatic implants might be the implants for you. These implants dramatically shorten time-to-teeth to make sure the bone loss can return to a normal quality of life. After a person loses their teeth, the jaw bone also gets lost over time. When you have a denture, this can place pressure and cause more progressive bone loss. Down the road this can cause severe bone loss and can make the denture no longer fit. Some traditional implants may not be an option if the bone loss is this severe. The Zygoma implants were developed by Nobel BioCare especially for these types of cases. They are designed to support restorative procedures and are used mainly in our Teeth-in-a day or All- on-4 cases to support an over denture. This allows the eligible patient to have a fixed provisional prosthesis fitted immediately after surgery, avoiding multiple surgeries, and the healing time required with bone grafting. They were designed to be placed in the mouth and into the cheek bone (zygoma bone) which sits above the upper jaw (maxilla). The zygoma implants procedure is completed in our office under IV Sedation. In most cases the patient will leave the office with the new teeth attached to the implants. Just like traditional implants these zygoma implants will also need a healing period of a few months until the final set of teeth will be fabricated.
Ready to take the next step in your dental health?
Call one of our offices today, or book an appointment online!
- Athens: Athens Phone Number 706-549-9711
- Atlanta/Buckhead: Atlanta/Buckhead Phone Number 404-233-5385
- Conyers: Conyers Phone Number 770-483-9692
- Covington: Covington Phone Number 770-787-2444
- Decatur: Decatur Phone Number 770-981-9400
- Dunwoody: Dunwoody Phone Number 678-328-4122
- Monroe: Monroe Phone Number 678-345-1014
- Northlake/Tucker: Northlake/Tucker Phone Number 770-934-1907
- Roswell: Roswell Phone Number 678-781-0050
- Snellville: Snellville Phone Number 770-979-9500