Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Don’t eat or drink anything (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- Avoid smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, limit or stop smoking as soon as possible in advance of your surgery date.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to our office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home.
- After receiving anesthesia, you should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours.
- Wear closed toed shoes, and loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past your elbow.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed before surgery.
- On the day of surgery, do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish.
- Notify our office if you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or upset stomach or bowels.
- In advance of your surgical date, let your doctor know if you routinely take oral medication.