Atlanta All-on-4® Treatment Concept
The All-on-4® Treatment Concept, trademarked by Nobel Biocare®, was developed by Portuguese dentist Dr. Palo Malo. This technique was designed for completely edentulous patients (all of their teeth are missing) who have low jawbone density. The purpose of the procedure is to avoid the expense and time delay of bone grafting.
How Does the All-on-4® Treatment Concept Work?
Four dental implants, if they are placed at angles, give an arch of dentures stable support without the need for bone grafting. More implants can be used for maximum support. Replacement teeth are immediately secured to the implants.
As you can see in the diagram on this page, All-on-4® Treatment Concept provides a fixed, full-arch prosthesis on the day of surgery. This technique is sometimes referred to as Teeth-in-a-Day. The two front implants are vertical, and the two remaining implants are angled, or tilted back, up to 45 degrees. Implants are angled beneath your gumline, so when dentures are secured to them they look completely normal.
Ready to take the next step in your dental health?
Call one of our offices today, or book an appointment online!
- Athens: Athens Phone Number 706-549-9711
- Atlanta/Buckhead: Atlanta/Buckhead Phone Number 404-233-5385
- Conyers: Conyers Phone Number 770-483-9692
- Covington: Covington Phone Number 770-787-2444
- Decatur: Decatur Phone Number 770-981-9400
- Dunwoody: Dunwoody Phone Number 678-328-4122
- Monroe: Monroe Phone Number 678-345-1014
- Northlake/Tucker: Northlake/Tucker Phone Number 770-934-1907
- Roswell: Roswell Phone Number 678-781-0050
- Snellville: Snellville Phone Number 770-979-9500
Who Are Candidates for It?
The All-on-4® Treatment Concept dental implants are a great option in the following cases:
- You’ve lost most or all of your teeth
- You’ve been wearing removable complete dentures and you’re tired of the reduced chewing efficiency and having them slip around
- You don’t want to wait months for bone grafts to heal.
This treatment has several advantages.
- Angled implants – All-on-4® Treatment Concept uses angled implants to increase contact with your jawbone and provide stability. This avoids the need for bone grafting. And it allows immediate loading of the implants—an arch of dentures is placed on them the same day.
- Saves time and money – It’s faster and less expensive than using grafting to build up the jawbone and afterward placing the implants. You’ll have a faster healing time, too. Bone grafting often requires four to six months of healing time before dental implants are placed.
- Same-day smile – After the implants are placed, your temporary dentures are placed and fitted the same day. You can leave our office with a smile.
- Stimulate bone – Dental implants stimulate jawbone and help prevent bone shrinkage.
- Better function– Your dentures will be anchored, so they won’t slip around, fall out, and embarrass you. It will be easier to eat and speak with dentures. All-on-4 dental implants help your dentures feel more like your natural teeth.
Is The All-on-4® Treatment Concept for You?
It may be your answer for preventing slipping dentures and jawbone shrinkage. If you have questions about dental implants or bone grafting and want to know your options, request a complimentary consultation with one of our specialists. Call us to schedule an appointment, or complete our Request an Appointment form.