Meet Dr. Chandran
Board Certified Oral Surgeon
Dr. Chandran has a prolific academic career for over a decade serving as the Chairman and Residency Director of the Department of Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery, Pathology and Hospital Dentistry at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Trained extensively in India and the United States, he is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS), Fellow of American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), Fellow of American Association of Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons (AACMFS) and Fellow of American College of Surgeons (FACS).
Passionate about teaching and research, he lectures extensively to dental students, medical students and surgery residents and has trained over 400 dentists and 20 Oral Maxillofacial surgery residents who are spread across the United States and Canada.
Ready to take the next step ?
Call one of our offices today, or book an appointment online!
- Athens: Athens Phone Number 706-549-9711
- Atlanta/Buckhead: Atlanta/Buckhead Phone Number 404-233-5385
- Conyers: Conyers Phone Number 770-483-9692
- Covington: Covington Phone Number 770-787-2444
- Decatur: Decatur Phone Number 770-981-9400
- Dunwoody: Dunwoody Phone Number 678-328-4122
- Monroe: Monroe Phone Number 678-345-1014
- Northlake/Tucker: Northlake/Tucker Phone Number 770-934-1907
- Roswell: Roswell Phone Number 678-781-0050
- Snellville: Snellville Phone Number 770-979-9500
He has about 20 original publications and multiple book chapters in reputed journals and international texts. He continues to hold an academic appointment as an Adjunct faculty at the University of Mississippi Medical Center and involved with pre- and post-doctoral teaching and is currently funded by premier research institutions such as NIH, AO, OSF and AAID to perform clinical and translational research.
Dr. Chandran has an active Georgia state dental license and deep sedation / general anesthesia permit. He maintains medical staff appointment at the WellStar North Fulton hospital and University hospitals providing Maxillofacial trauma coverage and hospital-based care.
When not at work, he enjoys swimming and spending time with his lovely wife, Agata, and their 3 boys. He is proud to be a part of Oral Surgery Associates and Dental Implant Centers with an opportunity to provide his services in the Greater Atlanta area.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2015
- Mississippi Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Specialty license
- Mississippi General Anesthesia Permit
- Mississippi State Dental license
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow, American Association of CranioMaxilloFacial Surgeons (AACMFS)
Medical Staff Appointments:
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2013 to present
- Methodist Rehabilitation Center August 2017 to present
- Merit Health Madison, 2019 to present
- Sonny Montgomery Veterans Hospital 2016 to 2018