Wisdom Teeth: Frequently Asked Questions
Wisdom Teeth: FAQ
Does everyone have to get his or her wisdom teeth removed?
No, but most people do. From time to time, Drs. Brady, Going, Gray, King, Lewis, Pollack, Singer, Tate and Winston see a patient whose wisdom teeth appear to have fit nicely in the mouth and thus don’t need removal, but they are still prone to disease and must be monitored for life.
When is the best time to get wisdom teeth removed?
Do all four teeth have to be pulled?
Is it true that the surgery takes less than an hour?
How long does recovery take after wisdom teeth removal?
Does it hurt to have your wisdom teeth removed?
Will I be awake for the extraction?
We have a variety of levels of anesthesia to accommodate different patients’ needs. We will discuss your anesthesia preferences prior to your surgery day.
What does “impacted” mean?
Impacted wisdom teeth are those that are not able to fully erupt through the gums. It is a very common condition, and the number one reason that wisdom teeth end up needing removal. In fact, 9 out of 10 people have at least one impacted wisdom tooth.
What is “dry socket”?
If you have any questions or concerns about an upcoming wisdom tooth appointment, we urge you to give us a call – let us set your mind at ease.
Do You still have your wisdom teeth?
Call one of our offices today, or book an appointment online!
- Athens: Athens Phone Number 706-549-9711
- Atlanta/Buckhead: Atlanta/Buckhead Phone Number 404-233-5385
- Conyers: Conyers Phone Number 770-483-9692
- Covington: Covington Phone Number 770-787-2444
- Decatur: Decatur Phone Number 770-981-9400
- Dunwoody: Dunwoody Phone Number 678-328-4122
- Monroe: Monroe Phone Number 678-345-1014
- Northlake/Tucker: Northlake/Tucker Phone Number 770-934-1907
- Roswell: Roswell Phone Number 678-781-0050
- Snellville: Snellville Phone Number 770-979-9500