Atlanta Implant Overdenture
Implant overdentures can change the way you feel about wearing dentures. They will look, function, and feel more like your natural teeth.
What Is an Implant Overdenture?
An implant overdenture is a denture arch that is supported by dental implants that are surgically placed into your jawbone. After a healing period, your dentures are secured to them. During the healing period, you’ll be given temporary teeth.
Advantages over Removable Dentures
Overdentures offer many advantages, including:
- Chewing efficiency – Even the best removable dentures will reduce chewing efficiency by at least 50%.
- Prevent facial collapse – The presence of dental implants in your jaw signals to your body that the jawbone is needed and prevents resorption of that bone.
- Increased comfort – Your dentures won’t rest directly on your jawbone where they can cause pain or irritation.
- Increased stability – You don’t have to worry about your prosthesis slipping around or falling out.
- Better function – The stability of overdentures helps you speak and eat with ease. You can enjoy your favorite foods without your dentures loosening, shifting, or lifting.
- Cost-effective – As few as two implants can be used for support, but more implants will increase the stability.
- Increased confidence – When you’re in public, you won’t have to worry about embarrassing moments caused by loose or poor-fitting dentures.
Types of Implant Overdentures
Our specialists determine the appropriate attachment system for your denture. Below is a comparison of three types of commonly used overdentures.
Number of implants
Two to four
Four to six
Five or more
How denture attaches
Clips onto a bar
Very little movement
Virtually no movement
Reasons to Smile Right After Surgery
Immediately after surgery, you can receive a temporary set of teeth that will allow you to lead a normal life with secure dentures. The improved function will help you smile, speak, and eat with confidence. After a healing period, you’ll receive the final prosthesis.
Request a Consultation
Schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified specialists to learn if you are a candidate for implant overdentures. You’ll learn about your options and what you can expect from each of them. Call us or complete our Request an Appointment form.