Atlanta Zirconia Dental Implants
Zirconia dental implants are made of extremely strong and durable ceramic. They are a solution for people who want a metal-free alternative to titanium implants. Oral Surgery Associates & Dental Implant Centers of Atlanta was the first practice in Georgia to offer this advancement in dental implantology.
What Are the Benefits of Zirconia Implants?
When you receive zirconia dental implants, you don’t have to worry about sacrificing quality. These ceramic implants have many benefits, including:
- Function like traditional dental implants
- Same success rate as titanium implants
- Biocompatible and gentle on your bone and gum tissue
- Limiting plaque buildup and inflammation
- Highly effective for people who prefer metal-free implants or have titanium allergies or sensitivities
- Completely white in color and won’t form a gray line around you gum like titanium implants can
Ready to take the next step in your dental health?
Call one of our offices today, or book an appointment online!
- Athens: Athens Phone Number 706-549-9711
- Atlanta/Buckhead: Atlanta/Buckhead Phone Number 404-233-5385
- Conyers: Conyers Phone Number 770-483-9692
- Covington: Covington Phone Number 770-787-2444
- Decatur: Decatur Phone Number 770-981-9400
- Dunwoody: Dunwoody Phone Number 678-328-4122
- Monroe: Monroe Phone Number 678-345-1014
- Northlake/Tucker: Northlake/Tucker Phone Number 770-934-1907
- Roswell: Roswell Phone Number 678-781-0050
- Snellville: Snellville Phone Number 770-979-9500
Common Concerns about Ceramic Implants
Are they strong enough?
Zirconia dental implants are processed with Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP). Studies show that this process makes them extremely strong. Even the aerospace industry uses this high-strength ceramic because of its high resistance to heat and fracture. There are several manufacturers of zirconia implants including Z-Systems, which we use most often in our practice and get excellent results.
Isn’t zirconium a metal?
Zirconium is a metal. But when it’s combined with oxygen, zirconium dioxide is formed—a ceramic without metal characteristics. Zirconia dental implants are metal free. This is the same concept as combining sodium and chloride to make salt.
Am I a candidate for them?
We have to make a thorough review of your medical history and perform diagnostic studies to determine if you’re a candidate for this treatment. But anyone who is a candidate for titanium dental implants can receive zirconia implants.
If you’ve experienced dental implant failure and a reaction to titanium is suspected, replacing the metal implants with ceramic is a possible solution.
Interested in Zirconia Dental Implants?
Our practice was among the first in Georgia to place metal-free implants. And our patients have seen excellent results. If you’re interested in zirconia dental implants, call one of our offices near you to schedule an appointment for a consultation and exam, or complete our Request an Appointment form.